Members of the graduating class of 2016
There is an air of excitement around the GTF offices as we continue to prepare for the 2017 Convocation and Graduation, to be held on May 4th and 5th. Following is some relevant information for anyone planning to join us for this year’s festivities.
- The Convocation and Graduation activities will take place in the South Bend Century Center. In order to access information about the facility, including maps and parking information, please visit their website. http://centurycenter.org/about
- Day of Convocation activities begin with a brief Presidential Greeting at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 4, followed by a breakfast for all graduates and their families and friends. The Presidential Greeting and breakfast will take place in the Century Center’s Great Hall. The address for the Century Center is 120 South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., South Bend, IN 46601. If you are driving, there is a $5.00 parking fee at the Center. Parking is south of the building. Any graduate who has not yet submitted their 500-750 word presentation for the Day of Convocation, please do so prior to April 15, 2017. Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A GTF Open House will be held on the afternoon of May 4th, from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Dodge House, administrative offices of the GTF. All graduating students, friends and family are welcome to stop by.
- The Runcie Convocation Lecture begins at 7:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on Thursday, May 4, in the Century Center’s Recital Hall. There will be a social hour with light refreshments immediately following the lecture.
- GTF phones will be turned off at NOON on Thursday and we will not check messages or answer the phone at all the rest of Thursday or on Friday. If you need information that has been previously sent, it’s on the website on the homepage under “Resources” and then “Graduation and Convocation”.
- It is mandatory that you arrive at the Century Center on Friday, May 5, at 9:00 a.m. for the graduation walk-through. If you are wearing graduation regalia, you should bring it with you at this time as you will not have time to retrieve it from the hotel later. You will NOT need to wear it for the walk-through as it may get warm with the moving around, etc. Final student line-up begins at 10:00 a.m., and the ceremony begins promptly at 10:30 a.m.
- We have hired a photographer for the event. She will be taking pictures of each graduate receiving a diploma, so as you cross the stage during the ceremony you may want to pause a moment for the flash. If you desire a picture with family, or a still shot, there will be an opportunity for these photos following the ceremony.
- We are hosting a Luncheon in the Discovery Ballroom South immediately after graduation (approximately 12:00 p.m.) Guests should move to the South Ballroom to be seated immediately after the graduation procession has finished so that the attendants can begin serving. We have open seating except for a few reserved tables in the center of the dining room.
- Weather in Indiana can be extreme and unpredictable in May. Please check weather.com and use zip code 46601 for the dates you’ll be in the area.
- Please be aware that all graduation festivities will be photographed and/or videotaped including the Day of Convocation, Runcie Lecture, social, Graduation Ceremony and luncheon for use in GTF media communications.
For more information regarding the Day of Convocation, Student Presentations, and additional general information regarding graduation, please visit our website.