DR. MICHELLE FOOTE PEARCE, R.N.
Professor of Psychology and Health Care
Doctor of Ministry (Graduate Theological Foundation)
Associate Certification in Logotherapy, Viktor Frankl Institute of Logotherapy
Master of Science in Nursing (Yale University)
Master of Arts (Trevecca Nazarene University)
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Fitchburg State College)
- Associate faculty member, Department of Psychiatry (Vanderbilt University)
- Integrative Health Psychotherapist, Vanderbilt Center for Integrative Health
- 10+ years of experience as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Oncology
- Former member of the graduate nursing faculty, University of Rochester
- Former volunteer Parish Nurse, First Presbyterian Church (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Experience in private counseling practice
- Experience teaching qigong
- Author of Beyond the Rational Mind: The Revelation of Secular Spirituality (The Victoria Press, 2009)
At the GTF, Dr. Pearce also serves as a Thesis Supervisor, Project Consultant and E-Tutorial faculty. She offers the E-Tutorial, “Suffering, Meaning, and Healing: The Evolution and Importance of Mystical Consciousness.” Read about E-Tutorials.
Areas of specialization:
- Mind-Body Therapy
- Meditation and Mindfulness-based Interventions for Healing
- Meaning-Centered Therapy
- Trauma, Chronic Pain, and Mindfulness
- Qigong for Healing
Read more about this GTF faculty member by clicking here.