The annual GTF Convocation and Graduation will take place on May 3rd and 4th, 2018. This grand celebration is an opportunity for graduates to connect with their peers, meet administrative staff and faculty members, and to visit the GTF administrative office, the Dodge House. If you anticipate graduation this May and have not received a formal graduation invitation from our offices, please contact the Office of Academic Affairs immediately in order to confirm your graduation eligibility.
Following are some important details regarding the 2018 Convocation and Graduation.
- The Day of Convocation activities begin at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday May 3rd. A full schedule for the Day of Convocation can be viewed here.
- From 4:00-5:00 there will be an Open House hosted at the Dodge House, administrative offices of the GTF. All students and their families and friends are welcome to stop by to see the building and chat with staff.
- At 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 3rd , every student is expected to attend the Runcie lecture, to be held at The Century Center’s Recital Hall, 120 South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., South Bend, IN 46601 (Map) (directly across from the Double Tree by Hilton South Bend).
- The lecture lasts approximately one hour. Immediately following the lecture is a student social hour with refreshments provided. Attending the lecture and social provides an opportunity for students to get to know each other and the faculty. Family and guests are welcome to attend both the lecture and social.
- Friday, May 4th , graduates will gather at 9:00 a.m. in the Century Center’s Discovery Ballroom for the graduation walk through. Instructions will be given during rehearsal – it is imperative that you are present!
- The Graduation Ceremony begins promptly at 10:30 a.m. The staff needs you in place to line up by 10:00.
- The Graduation Ceremony is over by 12:00.
- There is a luncheon scheduled immediately after the graduation ceremony for attendees and their guests in the Discovery Ballroom.
- For Hotel Information click here
- Graduation apparel is not mandatory. You may choose to wear clerical garb or dress clothes. If you choose to purchase graduation apparel, the following are vendors from which academic gowns may be purchased. Note: GTF does not sell or rent any graduation apparel.